It seems as though nearly everyone uses some form of social media these days. That being said, it also seems as though many people share a lot of personal information on their social media profiles. In some instances, it’s no big deal but in others, it can make or break something very significant. One such example of an area that social media can have a negative impact is when the individual is involved in a personal injury lawsuit. Throughout the course of a personal injury lawsuit, the insurance party is likely going to be doing all it legally can to get out of having to pay damages. This includes checking up on the injured party’s social media profiles.
Here are a few things an injured party can do to protect themselves on social media during an injury lawsuit:
- Make sure all social media profiles are set to private, if they aren’t already
- Remove all followers that are not personally known
- Do not accept new followers that are not personally known
- Ask friends and family not to include information about the injured party until after the proceedings have concluded
- Do not discuss any aspects of the case, including injuries on social media
- Avoid posting about any activities that the insurance company can use for their defense
If you have questions about personal injury cases, contact our firm today.
Our firm understands how serious criminal and personal injury cases are. We are prepared to guide you towards a favorable outcome. If you are in need of experienced legal counsel in New Jersey, please contact The Law Office of Andrew S. Maze for any criminal and personal injury matters.