Hotels offer a number of different amenities. Some amenities may include pools, spas, gyms, bars, restaurants, and more! But, the more amenities a hotel has, the more dangerous your stay can become. This is because these amenities must be properly maintained at all times. If you are injured in a hotel accident, you may be entitled to recover compensation. Read on to learn more about hotel accidents and what to do if an injury occurs.
What Are Common Causes of Hotel Accidents?
Hotel accidents can occur in a number of ways. Some of the most accidents are due to:
- Food poisoning
- Defective furniture accidents
- Accidents due to inadequate security
- Hot tub accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Unsanitary conditions
- Stairway accidents
- Parking garage accidents
- Gym equipment accidents
- Elevator accidents
- Sidewalk accidents
- Escalator accidents
- Accidents due to inadequate lighting
Can I Recover Compensation After a Hotel Accident in New Jersey?
As previously mentioned, hotel amenities must be maintained at all times. This can be done by hotel staff conducting routine sweeps to make sure everything is in order. If these sweeps are not done, or potential hazards are not addressed immediately, serious accidents can occur as a result. If a guest is injured due to the negligence of a hotel owner and/or staff, the guest may be entitled to recover compensation for the physical, emotional, and financial burdens that stem from the accident.
Fulfilling the Burden of Proof
If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you will have to provide proof that this negligence occurred. In order to do so, you should:
- Call the police. They can file an accident report and call an ambulance.
- Notify management that an accident has occurred.
- Document the scene. One of the most important things you can do is take photos and videos of the hazardous conditions that caused the accident.
- Obtain witness contacts. If anyone saw your accident occur, ask for their name and number. They may be able to corroborate your version of events.
- Seek medical attention. It is very important that you go to the hospital immediately after an accident. This will ensure that your injuries are treated by a medical professional, while simultaneously providing you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries. Make sure to ask for a copy of any relevant medical documents before leaving.
If you have been injured in a hotel accident, contact our experienced firm today.
Contact our Firm
Our firm understands how serious criminal and personal injury cases are. We are prepared to guide you towards a favorable outcome because we believe false accusations or preventable injuries should never cause a person harm. This is why those who require experienced legal counsel in New Jersey should do themselves a favor and contact The Law Office of Andrew S. Maze today for any criminal and personal injury matters.