This Labor Day, it is important to remember the safety precautions that must be taken to enjoy time by the pool. Continue reading to learn the top safety tips to consider over the long weekend. It can be easy to forget the safety risks that come with swimming in a pool now that the summer is coming to a close. However, swimming pool accidents occur much more than you might think and can lead to severe injuries, if not death.
If you have been injured in a swimming pool accident, give our experienced personal injury attorney a call to discuss your options for recovering compensation.
Pool Safety Tips to Consider
The following are the top pool safety tips to consider this Labor Day to ensure safety is maintained in and around the water over the long weekend:
- Do not allow electronic devices near the pool
- Be sure that there is proper covers, alarms, barrier, and fencing surrounding the pool
- Ensure the pool has drain covers
- Ensure that all guests are able to swim property if the pool is too deep for guests to stand comfortably in the water
- When the pool is not in use, stow away portable latter to avoid children from having access to the pool
- Be sure that everyone swimming understands where the shallow parts of the pool start and stop
- Never leave a child unattended in or around the water
- Have someone on the property who can perform CPR if necessary
- Do not swim while intoxicated
Am I eligible for compensation following a pool accident?
If you have been injured in a swimming pool accident that was caused by a negligence pool owner, you may have a valid claim. To recover financial compensation, you will need to retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney who will work to prove negligence in a premises liability claim.
To start, your attorney will work to prove that negligence caused your damages and that your accident was a direct result of the pool owner’s failure to ensure the lawful standard of care and safety. To support this claim, they will recover evidence such as photos and videos of the scene of your accident, witness statements from individuals who saw your accident happen, and medical documentation from the treatment you went through after sustaining injuries.
Contact our Firm
Our firm understands how serious criminal and personal injury cases are. We are prepared to guide you towards a favorable outcome because we believe false accusations or preventable injuries should never cause a person harm. This is why those who require experienced legal counsel in New Jersey should do themselves a favor and contact The Law Office of Andrew S. Maze today for any criminal and personal injury matters.