Due to their size and weight, trucks are incredibly dangerous. As a result, accidents involving trucks are often extremely serious. It is important to understand why truck accidents happen and the most common causes of these accidents. If you are injured due to a truck driver’s negligence, you may be entitled to recover compensation. Read on to learn more about truck accidents in New Jersey.
Common Causes of Accidents
Accidents can be caused by any number of reasons, but for the most part, these accidents are a result of driver negligence.
- Safety regulations: If a truck driver violates the rules of the road, they can cause accidents. This includes change lanes improperly, passing vehicles unsafely, or follows other vehicles too closely.
- Reckless driving: If a truck driver is driving irresponsibly, it can be difficult for them to handle the vehicle. The average truck requires a length of about two football fields in order to come to a complete stop. If truck drivers are reckless, it can be difficult to control the vehicle.
- Poor visibility: Due to their size, trucks have a limited view of the entire road. They have large blind spots that can trap other vehicles and cause accidents.
- Drowsy driving: The law allows truck drivers 11 hours on the road within a 14-hour workday, giving them a maximum of 70 hours a week. If they drive longer than this, they may cause an accident because of drowsy driving.
- Mechanical problems: It is possible for trucks to fall to mechanical issues that can cause accidents. This can include tire blowouts, brake issues, breakdowns, and more.
Common Types of accidents
There are a lot of different accidents that can occur. The most common types of truck accidents include:
- Head-on collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Blindspot accidents
- Jackknife accidents
- Underride accidents
Statute of Limitations
If you wish to pursue legal action for an injury, you will have to make sure to file your claim on time. In New Jersey, the statute of limitations for a personal injury accident is generally two years.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, reach out to our firm today to discuss your case. We understand the toll an injury can take and we want to help you recover the compensation you deserve. Contact us to speak with a dedicated personal injury attorney.
Contact our Firm
Our firm understands how serious criminal and personal injury cases are. We are prepared to guide you towards a favorable outcome because we believe false accusations or preventable injuries should never cause a person harm. This is why those who require experienced legal counsel in New Jersey should do themselves a favor and contact The Law Office of Andrew S. Maze today for any criminal and personal injury matters.